4 Tenets of Townsend Defense
Citizenship, Awareness, Mindset, Skill
At Townsend Defense these four tenets are not just words but a way of life. If you have chosen to train with Townsend Defense you have chosen to enhance your ability to take responsibility for your own safety. These four tenets apply not only to self-defense but to life.
Every Tuesday and Thursday from March 19th to May 9th we will be hosting Krav Maga self defense classes at the Ferguson...March 9, 2019
- July 27, 2018
- June 18, 2018
“A good tactic utilizies techniques and procedures that apply your own capabilities and strengths against your enemy’s limitations and weaknesses based on the environment and the terrain, while minimizing their potential to reverse the process.”
Michael R. Seeklander
The techniques and training methods used by Townsend Defense are mainly sourced from Krav Maga but also include philosophies and techniques from Muay Thai, Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu and Boxing.
- Today, I completed my Missouri CCW training with Everett Townsend of Townsend Defense . If you're considering getting your Missouri CCW or just want to become more educated, I highly recommended them.Kenya
- I highly recommend Townsend Defense! Everett Townsend helped me regain lost confidence after leaving an abusive relationship 4 years ago and it made all the difference in the world to me. I felt honored that he donated his time to help me. Thank you, Everett.Stephanie H.
- "I love Townsend Defense! It has helped me not only learn how to fight but helped me fight through depression. I learn new techniques often and can’t wait to put them to action! This is more than just a hobby or something to do for me. It’s a new way to think and live, I enjoy training with Townsend Defense!"Gabby
- "Hey Mr. Townsend, thank you so much for getting me in shape for college. I really feel like I can protect myself while I'm away from home. I love Krav Maga and I will definitely be back this fall."Lauren
- "Training with Everett of Townsend Defense is an intense experience. Unlike typical martial arts training, involving rigid movements that have little real-world application outside of the dojo, he teaches you simple yet affective techniques that can be utilized in actual combat situations."Jason K.
- "Everett is an awesome trainer, always pushing me to my capacity and using encouraging words that enable me to succeed. As a result, my fitness life has grown to be more consistent. I am seeing my body physically transform into a picturesque physique. Not only am I losing body fat, I am becoming toned, and gaining muscle in my upper body. The biggest benefit to training with Everett is the versatility; I am learning self defense, boxing, and some MMA techniques. He is awesome and I would recommend him to anyone."Sierhah P.